All About That Base
Nailing your base is the crucial first step in applying your make up (after having moisturised and primed – more on this later!). Gone are the days of the pancake face; a foundation should be like a second skin, airbrushing away any blemishes or pigmentation to create a flawless complexion.
Laying down the canvas in 5 easy steps:
1. Match your foundation to your skin colour, doing a swatch test along your jaw line. You might find you’ll need different shades for Summer and Winter. When picking a concealer, go one shade lighter than your skin-tone.
2. Everyone has a preferred style of application, be it fingers, foundation brush or sponge. It really doesn’t matter so long as it gives you the right amount of coverage and minimal wastage.
3. Apply the foundation starting in the middle of your face, on the areas that need it most and then blend and work your way outwards towards the hairline. Start with a small amount of foundation as you can always build if need be.
Hot Tip: Don’t apply your foundation around the eye area, as it dries the area out – this is where your concealer stick comes into play.
4. Apply your concealer from the inner corner of your eye down under your bottom lash line to cover dark circles. Blend and buff with a concealer brush. You can also apply your concealer, at this point, to cover any blemishes or redness around the nose, using a smaller concealer brush.
5. Once you’ve applied your foundation & concealer, using a powder brush, lightly dust on a translucent powder to your t-zone to help set the foundation and give your skin a natural glow, this also helps it to last throughout the day.
The Perfect Pairings
1. Diorskin Nude Air Serum + Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer
2. YSL Fusion Ink Foundaton + YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Concealer
3. Chanel Perfection Lumiere Long Lasting Foundation + Chanel Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer
*Images via Pinterest